Sunday 29 April 2007

Around the Area

When I got up this morning it was already 10C (50F), warmer than it had gotten all day yesterday but there was still some misty rain falling so I only walked to the dumpster with the garbage and back again.

The sun came out around 10:00 a.m. so Gordon went out and took some photos but the sun only shone briefly so he was back quickly. I sat around and read and looked at the Sears catalogues that I had gotten with my mail.

My sister had mentioned that she and her husband might drive from Ottawa to see us today so I hung around till 1:30 p.m. and then we went for a short drive north on Hwy 15 as the sun was going in and out and there were some interesting clouds in the sky. We stopped a couple of times to take photos but returned to the RV after about an hour. The sun was definitely out in full force so I sat outside to read but had to change to shorts it had gotten so warm in the sun. The thermometer was reading 18C (65F) which was our high for today.

One thing we’ve found with our rental – a Dodge Dakota truck – V8 is we get much better fuel mileage (when we’re not towing) with our 1 ton diesel than with the V8. You can almost see the gas gauge moving in the Dakota. We get our own truck back tomorrow. YEAH! Even though I don’t like driving our truck around the city all that much, I like it better than the rental!

Late this afternoon we took a walk around the park hoping to see the peacocks but all we saw were a couple of muscovy ducks, a mallard and a beige duck, probably a female of some species.


A new Desperate Housewives tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to Canada! I hope you've brought spring back with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.