Tuesday 1 May 2007

April Expenses and More Spending

I took this photo yesterday on my morning walk. Pretty, isn't it?

This photo was taken at sunset. It's within the campground. Very pretty lighting.

We now have confirmation that we will be at Tranquil Acres near Carleton Place from May 8th for at least a month depending on medical appointments.

The sun was shining when I got up so went for my walk around the park. I was specifically looking for the peacocks but they were specifically avoiding me apparently as all I saw were ducks and geese and of course robins, starlings etc. The sun went behind a cloud shortly after I got back.

The Dodge dealer called this morning to let us know the tires were in and we made arrangements to go in for 1:00 p.m. to have them put on. While Gordon was at the dealership, I got my hair cut and walked around the Cataraqui Town Centre. I actually found a nice duvet cover and shams for a good price. Unfortunately they didn’t have queen size in stock but should be in by Thursday so the clerk will hold a set for me when they come in.

We now have new tires and a front end alignment for $1200.00+. Oh well, we really needed new tires!


April Expenses

We returned to Ontario on April 24th, therefore to make things easier, I’ve transferred all the amounts from the 24th on into American funds. April was NOT a good month!

Campground - $662.23
Groceries/Wine/Spirits - $424.55
Laundry - $18.50
Entertainment/Parking/Restaurants - $198.66
Truck Fuel - $837.99
Propane - $43.30 (back to the cold weather!)
Repairs RV/Truck - $806.86
Fixed Expenses - $359.37 (insurance, internet, TV, cell phone)
Medical/Dental - $0.00
Gifts & Misc - $558.02

Total - $3909.48

Our biggest expense this month was the truck service, first to have the oil changed in the rear which is always about $7-$800 and then our deductible for the warranty work on the differential. Since we were traveling north this month and diesel just kept going up and up, we had a large total for fuel. We also had a big month for gifts so our total for the month in U.S. funds at $3909.48
is a killer for being in the U.S. That sound more like an Ontario total! Sure hope we don't have many like that one but looks like May might be !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.