Thursday 5 August 2010

Wednesday & Thursday August 4 & 5, 2010-One Down One to Go

Wednesday

The surgery went well. The surgeon did, however, say that my eyes were the most sensitive of all that he operated on on Wednesday. Amazingly I wasn't nervous but didn't sleep well the night before.

Once the operation was over, I just wanted to get home but instead we decided to stay at a motel in case of problems. As I said, I didn't know what to expect. Over the evening my sight got progressively better once the dilation of the pupil was gone. The only problem is the eyes don't work together now and my depth perception is non existent so I missed a step going into the motel office and fell. Luckily nothing was damaged except my elbow.

We had a nice dinner out at Zolas so Gordon got his gluten free pizza. I had a nice salad with a chicken breast.

Thursday

After very little sleep last night we were up early and went for breakfast before my appointment at the surgeon's. He examined my eye, found no redness or swelling and was very pleased with 20/25 eye sight. He has hopes that it will improve. He also talked me in to doing the other eye for close up instead of doing both for distance. He knows that after over 50 years of wearing glasses I'd like to not wear them anymore so I think I'm going to go with his recommendation. I have another appointment with him on Monday.

He told me for reading and computer work now to go to the dollar store and buy either 2.0 or 2.5 lenses. I bought 2.5 and they will do for now. When I'm not reading I'm pretty much not wearing any glasses at all so I bought a pair of cute sunglasses. Other than the two stints I had with contact lenses, I've never worn real sunglasses, always either prescription or clip ons.

The last two nights of not sleeping well caught up with me this afternoon and I slept all afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad all went well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golly Sandra, no glasses. That's great!
    I am so glad that it is all over, and you are seeing OK.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.