Monday 2 August 2010

Monday & Tuesday August 2 & 3, 2010

Monday

Today was our Civic Holiday in Ontario but I had work to get done. Work like changing the bed, vacuuming, thankless stuff! I'm trying to get stuff done before my surgery on Wednesday. Gordon will be taking over most of the duties that require lifting and bending for a while.

I did get my walk in this morning, the sun was shining but it turned cloudy and we had some rain late this afternoon.

I talked to both sisters on the phone wishing me well for my upcoming surgery.

Other than doing some reading and going to see a used freezer which we didn't buy, that was our day!

Tuesday

I woke up to rain and high humidity. It was only 21C (70F) but the humidity was 99% according to the Weather Underground site. Needless to say, I didn't stray outside this morning!

Today was another day spent getting things organized, doing laundry, more cleaning and trying to make things as easy as possible. I'm not supposed to 'look down' for a while after my cataract surgery. That's going to be a toughie. You do things like that automatically. So, does that mean I have to give up my laptop for a while?

I went on a Bejewelled marathon today while I was waiting for laundry to wash and dry. I even managed to get a decent score for a change! It might be awhile before I can play again. Too bad the scores renew tonight!

Other than going out with Gordon while he got a haircut and driving around town a bit, we stayed home today.

Wish me luck tomorrow! I'm a weenie when it comes to hospitals.

1 comment:

  1. So, how have you two enjoyed tooling around in Squirt?
    My prayers, good thoughts and best wishes are with you, Sandra.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.