Tuesday 24 August 2010

Tuesday August 24, 2010-Checkup and Obituary

It was cool and foggy this morning but it had mostly cleared up by the time I left and the sun came out as I was on the road. I was up early as I was driving myself to Ottawa for my one week checkup at the eye surgeon's office.

The surgeon is happy with the way the eye looks so I don't have to go back for a month.

After my appointment I ran some errands and picked up some groceries in the city. It was while I was driving around the city that I found out that Dick Maloney, a local crooner and celebrity who sounds a lot like Frank Sinatra passed away late last week. He had been a quadraplegic for the past four years and although unable to move managed a radio show every Sunday morning from 6 a.m. to noon called Sentimental Journey. I've missed it since I've been in Smiths Falls. I really like listening to him sing although most of his music was from the 40s and 50s.

I arrived home just in time to get dinner ready.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your eyes are doing well. I see my surgeon (hopefully for the final visit) on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good report on your eyes!!! Oh that music era is the time music sounded like music, we have many albums in storage (climate control) and we will be listening as soon as get our stuff home. When we decided to come home, I thought of you and how we can certainly compare notes. Should be fun!!! Hugs, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your eye is okay. If you have a few minutes, come by and meet Jonathan and Nellie Tate - The Midlife Cruisers at my blog - A Camp Host Housewife's Meanderings http://acamphosthousewifesmeanderings.blogspot.com/. Take care...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.