Saturday 28 August 2010

Saturday to Tuesday August 28-31,2010

Saturday

What a beautiful day we had today, warm and sunny with a breeze and no humidity. After my morning walk where I stopped at a couple of garage sales, we had breakfast and then went out to more garage sales. Today was actually quite a productive day. I got four chair pads that are more gold than yellow but with blue in them, a couple of rooster ornamental things for my kitchen, a small shelf that I want to redo for the bathroom and Gordon got a small Jobmate, all for about $16.



We also went for a little drive and saw this great blue heron

and this tiny turtle trying to get across the road

to the swamp


After lunch, I went back out again mostly to go to the library but I did visit a few other garage sales but didn't see anything. I also stopped at a thrift store downtown that I hadn't been in before but it was mostly junky stuff.

When I got back I sat on the front porch to read for a while.

Can anyone identify this tree for me?



Sunday

Today was a little warmer but mostly a carbon copy of yesterday. I even got to wear shorts for my morning walk. I've been wearing pants the last few days!

Gordon had gone on a long photo shoot this morning and he was arriving back just as I got home from my walk.

This afternoon we decided to go in to Carleton Place. Home Depot had a sale on garage door openers. However when we got there, they didn't have any. While there we stopped by Tranquil Acres Camping for a while to see how things were going there. We chatted a bit with the owners and the people that have parked next to us for the last couple of years, walked around the park and came home. We didn't even take any photos!

When we got home I put a loaf of bread to bake in the breadmaker. Margie, John, Danica and Jasper (their wire haired terrier) stopped by on their way home from visiting John's sister in Brockville. Danica hadn't seen the house yet. They didn't stay long but it was nice to see them.

I had a question from Karen wanting to know how our fireplace animated .gif was done. Actually, Gordon did it but the instructions were on google and can be seen here. You can also buy animated .gif software like Easy Gif Animator.

Monday

Yesterday I had planned to get so much done today! It wasn't to be. I woke up about 4 a.m. with the same shoulder problem I had before we moved here only this time it's in the right shoulder which is even worse since I'm right handed. I can't get comfortable anywhere. If I lie down, I have trouble getting up. I'm feeling really useless about now!

Tuesday

No shoulder muscle spasms today, still a bit sore but spent the day sleeping off the muscle relaxants. It was very hot today here. It's not usually so hot here at the end of August. I stayed inside in air conditioned comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.