Monday, 14 June 2010

Monday & Tuesday June 14 & 15, 2010


This morning was kind of rainy so I just piddled around the house, didn't do anything useful.

We had an appointment in Ottawa with our financial people to get set up with some life insurance and a follow up appointment with my family doctor to discuss the results of the tests taken after my annual medical. All my tests were within normal range but she is concerned that I might have sleep apnea so she's scheduling me for the overnight test.

In between appointments we stopped at Ikea and I found a stool to hold my fan. I always have a fan on at night in the bedroom and I'd been using my outdoor table but I need my outdoor table for beside my swing so I've been looking for something for a while, something else off the list!

My new stool holding the fan

That accomplished we stopped at Natural Food Pantry to get some gluten free stuff, then we had an early dinner at Wendy's before going to see another desk that I had found yesterday. We needed something to put our new printer and the scanner (that's still in the RV) on. It was in good shape and was a fair price so we loaded it on the truck and it's now in the office.

The office is furnished now

I've discovered that lifting something heavy immediately after eating is not a good idea. It causes a lot of gastric discomfort! Remind me not to do that again.

Only a couple of more things are needed - a small freezer and some sort of storage for extra bedding - a dresser or chest of some kind.

We had rain and cool temperatures on our way in to Ottawa and sunshine and warmer temperatures on our way home.


I've felt lethargic for some time now on waking up in the morning. This is one of the reasons why my doctor wants to send me for sleep apnea testing. As I've said before I've been very negligent in going for my morning walk so since it was bright, sunny and beautiful this morning I decided to get off my butt and go. I really enjoyed the walk and even did a bit of running but I still feel lethargic!

I called the Smiths Falls hospital to see if they can do the sleep apnea test here but they don't have the equipment so I guess I'll have to go to Ottawa. Bummer!

I got some energy later in the morning and got the front door washed, then I washed some of the siding around the door. After that, I went to the basement and tackled some of the boxes. I made a lot of headway.

The plumber stopped by to show me some brochures on sinks and taps. We picked out what we wanted. They said we should go to Home Hardware and pick out our counter top. Later in the afternoon they got back to us with a good price and they will start the job on Thursday. It will be good to get it done before the dreaded HST tax starts on July 1st. Instead of 5% on some items, we will now be charged 13%. It's too complicated to explain and very depressing! The provincial government tells us it will create jobs. Let's hope so, some good has to come of it.

This afternoon I put a bread mix in the breadmaker, then took off to pick up some groceries. My new stamp came in so now I have a pre-inked stamp with our address on it. No more hand writing!


  1. I found your blog through a blog of a reader of a literary agent's blog. Whew! I love this blog. I Google mapped Smith Falls. It is a very pretty town.

  2. Glad you got your furniture fixed up. I like a fan on at night also. The stool is perfect.
    Things are certainly coming together nicely!

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

  3. Ohh having a bread maker is sometimes a wonderful thing in a sticks and bricks home. I am debating taking mine along on the road once we full time. It's heavy and takes up a lot of room. Been thinking perhaps keeping it in a tote in the basement and only taking it out when needed?

    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard


Thank you for leaving a comment.