Thursday 16 July 2009

Thursday July 16, 2009

Gordon has updated his journal, to read it, click here.

We had a real drenching of rain overnight but this morning it was bright, warm (compared to what it's been lately) and sunny. I walked as far as Richard Lake on the gravel side road with just the birds to keep me company. It was a lovely walk.

My back has been bothering me lately so I used my massage cushion yesterday and overdid it. Now my back muscles are so sore no one can touch them. All this riding in the truck probably isn't helping either!

After a shower at the campground showers this morning, Gordon got my chair out of our storage so I could sit outside. The morning was beautiful but then the clouds started rolling in. So I came inside and read and had a nap but it didn't rain and the sun was in and out all afternoon.

We decided to go to a park we've seen which is fairly close by - it's called Fielding Memorial Park. It has some nice paths and a swampy area so, of course, we took some photos.

Pretty pink flowers in the garden

Pond and marshy area with some mallard ducks

The trail

Then we stopped for some photos at a stand of white birch trees



While we were out we decided to find the Big Nickel for which Sudbury is known.

Me by the Big Nickel
The flip side of the nickel



We no sooner got back to the RV than the rain started.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:17 pm

    Thank you for sharing your nickel photos, Sandra!

    What a beautiful picture of that trail ... makes me want to walk right in to the screen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures, as always, Sandra. That pond is lovely. Canada seems to be the best Summer place!
    The picture of King George on the Big Nickel brought back some memories. I saw him and his mother, Queen Mary, when I was young, and I remember when he died and Queen Elizabeth's Coronation. Gee, I had forgotten about those days back in London.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.