Tuesday 23 June 2009

Tuesday June 23, 2009

Last night after I posted we walked out to the beach for sunset. It was very pretty but unfortunately the last part of sunset takes place behind the peninsula that's beside us. I'm amazed that it's 9:30 p.m. here before we have sunset. I guess we really are 'up north'.

Last night's sunset

Our site from the beach

The marsh next to us



I was up before 8 this morning. Could have slept longer but I heard the temperature on the radio and figured if I wanted to walk I should do it before it got too hot. I started out walking/running around the campground but even though I was liberally sprayed with Deet the moosequitoes (they’re as big as a moose up here) kept buzzing around my head and ‘bugging’ me so I opted to brave walking along the Trans Canada Highway and the semi traffic instead.

We had a rain shower over night. I had to get up and close the windows but the sun was shining by the time I was about half way through my walk.

We decided to take the most of the day off from sightseeing today and rest a bit. Gordon was coughing a lot overnight so he needed some rest time. As it turned out we both got rest time. I lay down on the couch around 10:30 a.m. and woke up at 1 p.m.! Lazy!

I took a walk on the beach this afternoon in my bare feet. It was hot! That's the first time I've walked on the beach in bare feet in years. Usually when we get to a beach it's too cold! It's also very convenient here being about 10 steps outside our door!

Mid afternoon we drove north and found some scenic spots so we decided to go back for sunset.

Views from this afternoon's drive






From tonight's drive


It was 30C (86F) here again today!

3 comments:

  1. Great sunset pics.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful area. Very calming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne Ennis2:50 pm

    Googled Batchawana Bay and it's only about 12 1/2 hrs. for us. We haven't seen much of Canada, but after seeing your photos, we certainly want to now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.