Saturday 9 August 2008

Our First Day in Lindsay

Last night we had a very pretty partial rainbow over the Scugog River behind us. Here's a picture of it:


We both had a great sleep last night but I still didn't want to get up this morning as it was bright and sunny but chilly! It's starting to feel like Fall although we will probably have some warm days yet. Today hardly reached 21C (70F) again. For the first time in a while I wore a sweater over my t-shirt when I went for my walk. It was nice to have different sights to see on my walk although the radio stations aren't very good here so I wound up turning it off and listening to the birds instead. I cut my walk short as we had to get showered and ready to meet Betty and Garth for breakfast at 10 a.m. at the Durham Cafe in Lindsay. We arrived just before 10 a.m. and Betty and Garth were about 10 minutes behind us.


We had a nice breakfast there and a good catch up and then they left for Gravenhurst, Ontario where they were invited to a boating party this afternoon. Too bad it started to rain about 12:30 p.m. We had a couple of stops to make to pick up some coffee and stuff and then came home to read and nap. Since it was raining, I didn't get the RV windows washed so we still can't see very well out the back window. It got really dirty when the roof got washed last week.

I napped most of the afternoon as the rain continued. We got a neighbour, a Dutch Star, this afternoon but the way the sites are offset, it doesn't block our view of the river, only of the tents further down along the park.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the information about Rockport. I hope that Gordon is able to go to the coast next year. We would love to meet you both. But as I said if we have to come up there I guess we will. I know we would have some good guides to show us the ropes.

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.