Friday 29 August 2008

Another Lazy Day

Today was a cloudy, humid day with some rain. I was tired so got up about a half hour later than usual.

For the most part it was a lazy day. I did get my run/walk in this morning as I hadn't done it in Toronto although I did do my exercises there.

After breakfast Iay down on the couch again with my book and had a nap. When I got up around lunch time, my bread was mouldy so had to throw that out and then I knew I'd have to go into town for groceries. Since this is Labour Day weekend most if not all stores will be closed on Monday. The people in the grocery stores sure reflected that today. It was a zoo! I did what I had to do and got home.

Back to the couch with my book and another nap.


I didn't take any photos today so I'm again borrowing from Gordon's pbase site. The bird is a yellow-shafted flicker and was right outside the RV window on the ground yesterday. It apparently eats ants. The water lily he took this afternoon down by the boats. You can see the water droplets on it from the rain.

The good news is that we're supposed to have fabulous weather for the long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder why we don't have those birds around here, they would get fat on all the ants, that is if they like fireants !
    Lovely pictures, as usual.
    Happy Trails, Penny,TX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.