Tuesday 18 March 2008

Shopping and Looking

Gordon kept his appointment with the chiropractor this morning. The chiropractor checked him over and said he didn't need manipulation today and that it would probably just make him sore so since he was pain free and could breathe it was best to leave well enough alone. How many chiropractors would do that?

While he was gone I went on my desert walk. There's not much time left for trail walking here in the desert! After breakfast I went to Walmart to pick up some things for our eastward trek. I was home shortly after lunch so we decided to go out and do something.

We wound up going to check out GPS models as I had seen one at Walmart, the Nuvi 200 and we wanted to look at some others. Most of the Garmin models don't have maps for Canada uploaded so we looked at a Tomtom but he decided we didn't know enough about them and we should come home and do some research before purchasing one. While we were out we stopped and had lunner (lunch and dinner) at Taco Bell. Gordon had had a Taco Bell craving for weeks but we're too far out of the city just to run in and get Taco Bell.

We saw this rather explicit T-shirt in downtown Tucson.

Pretty palm trees in the city, I love palm trees!


The mountain rises behind the mall

Pretty orange bushes at Taco Bell



We went into Tucson and came back via Gates Pass Road which takes you through the Tucson Mountains and Tucson Mountain Park. It's a very pretty drive but the road is narrow especially with cyclists taking up part of the lane. It's also twisty and goes through the mountain so for about a mile or so it's a bit nerve wracking. Sure glad I'm not driving. It wouldn't be bad in a car but in a one ton truck I find it unnerving.

Yellow wildflowers on the mountain side.


The road through Tucson Mountain Park as seen from the top of Gates Pass Road. It looks like a river winding its way through but it's the road!


When we got back I dropped over to see one of the ladies (Joy) that I met at the potluck on Sunday night. She has a new Alfa Gold fifth wheel with the front nose that pops up and has a window under it so I got to see what it looks like from the inside. It's great as you get to have views from the front and the back. She also gave me a couple of books. She's an avid reader as well.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:15 pm

    I guess the bedroom still has room to get around and plenty of storage with the window? I have seen the layout but never have been in one.

    Speedy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.