Saturday 8 March 2008

Climbing the Trail

There was apparently a lovely sunrise this morning. However, I missed it and by the time I was up and out it was mostly cloudy.

Around 10 a.m. I went over to see if Ellie wanted to go geocaching but she and Jim had decided to go to the Beaudry RV Show so Gordon and I went out and got our empty propane tank full and while we were there filled up with diesel at 3.599. That's the highest we've ever paid for diesel!

After lunch and a brief nap Gordon and I went out to King Canyon Trail. Ellie had told me about it this morning. She read in the paper that it was 9/10 of a mile and down into the wash to see petroglyphs. What the paper didn't say was that the 9/10 of a mile was uphill on a rock path much like our sites here at Diamond J. By then the sun had come out and I had forgotten to put on sunscreen so I walked with my baseball cap on backwards so I wouldn't burn my neck. Then when we got down in the wash I wore my hoodie over my hat turned the right way around as we were walking into the sun. There are indeed petroglyphs there but they are quite faded. There were lots of wild flowers out though. We elected to walk back through the wash. There was a fair amount of climbing down walking through the wash but it was better than the trail.

Baboquivari Peak from the trail

Walking up the trail

Looking down the trail

Petroglyphs


Orange globemallow

On our way back through the wash

Gordon getting ready to climb down into the wash


On our way home, we were just waiting for traffic to turn from Donald onto Bopp when Doug and JoAnn drove by, back from Mexico. We talked to them briefly when they stopped at the office to check in.

We were so tired when we got back that we had a shower and again had leftovers for dinner.

It's another night in the rv-dreams chatroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.