Wednesday 23 January 2008

More Shopping and Preparing to Move

Today's walk was under only partly sunny skies although some sun did come out later in the morning. I walked around the park, then did the .5 mile Buckhorn Trail.

This cute little bird posed for me on top of a teddy-bear cholla.

The skies were cloudy this morning.


I just hung around for the rest of the morning, surfing the internet and reading. After lunch I decided to go to another Kohl's to see if I could find a new bath mat. The rubber is wearing off the back of the one we have and every time I wash it, it gets worse! So off I went to the one at Signal Butte and Baseline. The bath mats have been on sale so they were all picked over and they didn't have the color I wanted. I also went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and couldn't find anything I liked there either. I've already looked at Walmart but looked again, no luck. I stopped at Walmart to pick up a few things I couldn't get at the one on McKellips yesterday. Still couldn't get my cereal. On the way back to Usery Mountain, I stopped at Safeway. They didn't have my cereal either, so stopped at Walmart on Apache Trail. They had lots of it so I bought two boxes. Hopefully that will last for a while.

On the way back into the park there was one trailer in overflow and a sign saying that the park was full so Gordon and I drove around and there are about 16 spots where people are scheduled to leave tomorrow. However if they haven't been here for two weeks, they can renew. There was still only one RV in overflow so hopefully we'll be able to stay here. I called the park in Gold Canyon and they don't have any sites for Passport America and I don't really want to pay $230 for a site for a week so hopefully we'll luck out and be able to stay here.

Gordon also climbed to the top of one of the Merkle Hills to get photos of the sunrays at sunset tonight. I took this from the desert floor. Not a great photo, oh well!


I spent the evening being hostess/gatekeeper on the rv-dreams chatroom. Howard (rv-dreams co-0wener) had a scheduled chat on Internet on the Road which was very well attended. In my "job" as hostess, I direct people to the scheduled chat room. This is the fourth scheduled chat that Howard has done and probably will be doing more in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.