Tuesday 18 December 2007

Another Laid Back Day in the Desert!

I decided to take it easy on my foot today, so no walk. Although I did walk as far as the mail box this afternoon where I got a letter from my sister in Toronto. Instead of my morning walkI worked on the Funny Farm Mind Game. Thanks a lot, Howard (rv-dreams.com)! Howard had posted the link to this game yesterday. So here you are, folks, may as well get more people involved!

I had planned to color my hair before meeting all our RVing visitors however that didn't happen, so I did that today. No more roots!

Before I got up this morning Gordon set out to walk to the top of the hills that you often see in the background of our photos taken from the rig. Three hours later he had accomplished his feat and returned happy that he had done it, but probably not going to do it again.

Also this morning I got a reply email from Usery Mountain Campground. We can't make a reservation but was told that there shouldn't be any problem with us getting a site. So I guess we're off to Usery Mountain Regional Park at Mesa, AZ on the 27th!

Today was another beautiful day, again around 70F (21C). I made my way out to our new lawn chairs behind the rig and sat there reading and listening to the radio for a couple of hours. Can you believe that a Tucson radio station played "The 12 Days of Christmas" by the MacKenzie Brothers, eh hoser! It had been years since I'd heard it so it gave me a good laugh.

More views from my lawnchair today.

See the moon. This was taken at about 2:00 p.m.


Later in the afternoon, we decided to go out into the desert (not very far due to me being unable to walk) to take our Christmas photos which Gordon uses on his website every year instead of sending Christmas cards so log into his site over the next week or so to see it.

1 comment:

  1. I just downloaded the new operating system yesterday so am still trying to figure out all the new things on it. They have a documents stack that is really neat and a time machine for doing backups that looks like it will be good.

    The one thing it seems to have done is fix the clock, it never kept the correct time before and we were told the only fix for it was the Leopard update so it seems to be working - guess time will tell.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.