Thursday 22 November 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. So Happy Thanksgiving to all our U.S. friends. Since we had our Canadian Thanksgiving early in October, we can now have another one! So maybe I'll make stuffing today but don't think we'll have any turkey as I made a huge meatloaf yesterday. Maybe on the weekend.

We had a rain shower overnight so I had to get up to close the windows. But I woke up to a beautiful sunshiny day and 58F (14C) ! I did part of my walk in the desert this morning. I saw three jackrabbits, at least I think they were. I couldn't get close enough to them to verify but they were a lot bigger than cottontails. Below is a cholla cactus also known as teddy bear cactus since it looks soft and fuzzy but beware it's not! If you get too close it's little barbs will jump onto you and get into your skin. Not nice!

We started out today to go to SuperWalmart and Dollar Tree. We found them both and I picked up a few things at Dollar Tree but SuperWalmart was very busy so we stopped at Food City and I picked up a few things we needed today. I'll try SuperWalmart tomorrow probably. We also went to the San Xavier Mission which as you can see is under construction. It as under construction two years ago when we were here and has apparently been under construction since 1989.

From there we drove north on Kinney Rd and into Saguaro National Park. We stopped at the Visitor Center, drove through their campground ($20/night for electric only) and took some photos throughout the park.



When we got home I immediately took myself outside to my lawn chair where I spent the next couple of hours relaxing.

We were thinking about all of you at home in Ontario getting snow. Our high today got to be 81F (27C).

Here's a photo of the bracelet I made yesterday - desert colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.