Wednesday 31 October 2007

Posting from Joplin, MO

For the last few days I have had a sore shoulder which is gradually making my neck hurt as well. Last night it was so bad I could hardly reach up to open the vent in the bathroom. So I took a muscle relaxant knowing that it was going to make me sleep last night and make me groggy most of the day but it was too painful not to do it. I also got out the Ben Gay. The joys of getting older! The plan for yesterday when we arrived here in Joplin was to get groceries, go to Kansas and get the laundry done. Everything got done except the laundry.

This morning the shoulder was a bit better but we decided to stay here another day as Gordon wanted a day to relax as well. I walked around the park this morning and as I approached the pond I saw two Canada geese and these white ducks. Most were just regular ducks but there were a couple of pure white Muscovy ducks. They all came waddling as I approached them.

I napped for a while and got the laundry done this afternoon while Gordon went out to see the Grand Falls and the Wildcat Glades Conservation & Audubon Center.

Later this afternoon I went out with some bread and fed them but just as I was feeding them, two of the ladies from the campground came by with their daily ration of corn and they took off for the corn instead of my bread. Fickle!

Here they come for my bread

There they go for the corn!

Tonight will just be relaxing so we can get back on the road tomorrow.

Happy Hallowe'en everyone!

P.S. - Monthly expenses will be late each month when we're in the U.S. as I'll be posting everything in Canadian dollars since we're using Canadian credit cards this year so I have to wait for things to go through the credit card company to get the actual dollar values.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.