Tuesday 10 July 2007

Frustrated!


Last evening after dinner we took a drive as a sunset was looking promising but that turned out to be a flop so we drove around on a few roads we hadn’t been on before and found some deer who seemed to want to pose for us.

This morning was 20C (68F) and a bit sunny as I walked out the door following by rain as soon as I hit the road going southbound so I walked for a while, realized it wasn’t letting up a lot so came back and walked west down the side road, then around the park. I was only gone for 20 minutes but was quite wet by the time I got home.

My U.S. Visa card has a credit balance and I’ve been trying to get it back from them since May 15th. I’ve called three times each time getting ‘the cheque’s in the mail’ sort of answer. Finally today I got angry and asked for a supervisor. He reactivated my card (it had been cancelled on May 15) and said I could go to any branch of CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce) and get a refund there. So, I decided to go back to Ottawa and go to my branch there. Not as easy as Mr. Supervisor had said. Mind you they were having problems with their computers freezing up today. All in all I was there for 1 ½ hours. They have the paperwork ready, just have to wait for their computers to be fixed but here were the problems:

  1. We can’t do cash advances on U.S. Visas.
  2. After a phone call to Visa – we have to change the U.S. funds back to Canadian and then back to U.S. funds to put in your U.S. account.
  3. After my nixing that idea and another phone call they found out how to do it (I hope).

Now I just have to wait for their phone call or email to let me know that the transaction has been done. The lady who waited on me was really nice and very patient. I used to work in a bank so I know what they have to go through and I’m not sure I could be that patient anymore!

After stopping at the Hazeldean Mall to pick up a couple of things, I headed back to Carleton Place and did the remainder of my grocery shopping there. Then home. Feels like I’ve been through the war!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.