Tuesday 29 May 2007

More Appointments

I was up early this morning, shortly after 7:00 a.m. as I decided I needed to go for my walk more than I needed to stay in bed. We had appointments in Ottawa for this morning and afternoon.


It was sunny and 12C (54F) according to our wireless thermometer. I think that it was getting too much heat on it but it was very pleasant and sunny.


We left late this morning for Ottawa as our chiropractor’s appointments were for 11:30 a.m. We got quite a bit accomplished – Gordon’s rain jacket had a tear in it so I took it to the tailor I always used at Lincoln Fields and she fixed it while I waited (in about 5 minutes) for $4.00. We finally went to Home Depot and got boards cut for under the landing legs and rear stabilizers for the RV. We’ve been procrastinating about this for two years and just using broken pieces of wood that my brother-in-law had given us when we first started out. I also had my eye appointment as my eyes have been blurry but Dr. Engel said everything was healthy and there’s hardly any change in my prescription. He does suggest I get new lenses however as I need more room in them for reading. When I got them I was still working so they were geared mainly for computer work. I didn’t feel like stopping to look at glasses so we just picked up groceries and came home. We’ll have to go back into Ottawa later and do the glasses thing.


Just finished a book called ‘The Poet’ by Michael Connolly. It’s a good read if anyone’s interested. There are a couple of things that aren’t believable but it’s still a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.