Tuesday 16 January 2007

Cold - but no freezing rain - YET!

This morning was 34F (1C), cloudy and windy but at least it wasn’t raining so I set out for a walk. I didn’t walk as far as usual as the forecast was for sleet to start around 8:00 a.m. so I was only gone about 20 minutes. I saw some white birds in the distance in the viewing area across from our boat ramp. Gordon came along in the truck and he was able to distinguish that some were egrets and some were white ibis as he had the ‘big tool’ on his camera. Not much was happening. There was one boat out, I can’t imagine how cold it must have been on the water that early in the morning.

Gordon went out and got propane this morning as we had run out on one tank last night and while he was gone I did a vacuum job. Other than that we lazed around today.

We are due to leave Goose Island State Park on January 24th. Over the next 15 days the weather will be quite cool only reaching the 60s for the highs while it is in the high 70s and low 80s in Florida so do we leave early for Florida where it’s more expensive but definitely warmer or stay here? That we’ll have to decide over the next week. We’ll want to be sure that the route along I-10 through Louisiana will be okay for travel. Right now it is icy!

Our high today was 37F (3C). I don’t like this weather!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.