Sunday 24 December 2006

Merry Christmas!

The gale force winds and heavy rains continued through the night. It was still windy this morning but not as bad as during the night. I walked around the neighbourhood and in the park and there were lots of TV dishes and Christmas trees that had been blown over. Apparently ours went out of skew but didn’t blow over. It was only 49F (9C) this morning and I got up a little later than usual mostly because the wind and rain kept me awake during the night. There were all kinds of things going bump in the night!

Dumping the tanks was an ordeal. The sewer connection is at the very back of the rig and our sewage outlet is near the front. Even with our two sewer hoses together it was almost a stretch to reach the connection. Don’t know why they don’t put the sewer half way up, that way it would be easy for those whose connections are at the back or at the front. DUH!

I made Sweet & Sour Beans this afternoon from a recipe I got from a fellow fulltimer at rvdreams.com. This will be our contribution to tomorrow’s Christmas potluck. It’s very similar to my Calico Beans so I’m anxious to see how it tastes.

I think our high today was about 54F (12C). It was cloudy all day with some rain but the wind did subside around noon.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sandra & Gordon, We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.