Tuesday 26 December 2006

A Bright Sunny Day!

We went out last night to look at the Christmas lights. There were a few around but not nearly as many as there usually are at home in the Ottawa/Kanata area. We got back too late to go for a walk with Diane.


It was only 46F (8C) when I started out for my walk this morning but it was bright and sunny with no wind so it was quite warm. I had dressed for it to be much colder. The park and marina were much busier this morning but I still saw six herons on my walk and two of them were having a fight, pictured below.

It was such a beautiful sunny day I sat outside a couple of times during the day but needed an extra sweater. It’s about 10 degrees cooler than I would like and we topped out at 62F (17C). This afternoon we took a drive back to Mustang Island State Park so I could walk on the beach. I really like it there, too bad the showers are so grungy.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:13 pm

    We live here in Corpus Christi. I just stumbled upon your blog looking for some pictures to show my kids of Goose Island. We are headed over their for their 1st ever camping trip in a couple of weeks.

    I noticed you mentioned the grungy showers at Mustang Island... they really are. Have you all ever been to the Padre Island National Seashore? If not you might give them a chance sometime. They have nice facilities and a really pretty stretch of beach.

    http://www.nps.gov/pais

    We hope to someday do what you have done with the RVing and traveling around. Hope this finds you all doing well!!!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.