Monday 25 December 2006

Christmas Day 2006


This is our table at the potluck. You can just see Gordon's forehead down at the end on the right.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I woke up to 49F (9C) and cloudy weather. I headed over to Roberts Point Park for my walk. There was no one around, consequently lots of birds. I counted 12 blue heron and numerous cormorants, pelicans and seagulls. I even saw a couple of turkey vultures. There were all kinds of dolphins doing their little dance in the channel. Quite a treat for my Christmas morning walk!

Our potluck went well but it didn’t have all that much that Gordon could eat. By the time we got up to eat (our row was last) all the mashed potatoes were gone but he said he got enough although this was not his favourite potluck that we’ve had since we started RVing.

Tonight I called my sister’s house in Ottawa as that was where the family was gathered for Christmas. I got to talk to Nick and then went on speaker phone and talked to everyone else. There’s no snow in Ottawa for Christmas which is a bummer for some people.

The plan for the rest of the evening is to take a drive around Port Aransas and see the Christmas lights, then probably watch TV. If it’s not too windy, I might go for a walk with the lady that I met from Madoc, Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.