Thursday 10 August 2006

Shopping in Peterborough and Lindsay


San Diego Skyline

Bird of Paradise

This morning when I got up at 7:20 a.m. it was already 16C (61F) and sunny. It warmed up quite quickly but by the time noon came around it had clouded over quite a bit and looked like rain. Fortunately it didn’t. More on that later.

Betty picked me up at the campground around 10:30 a.m. and we headed into Peterborough. We stopped at one mall where WalMart used to be and shopped there fore a while, then went into Peterborough to the restaurant at the Holiday Inn for lunch. The restaurant has a patio that overlooks Little Lake in town and though it looked like rain we decided to sit outside. The waitress said we could move inside if it did start to rain but the sky cleared as we were eating and it was sunny and cloudy on and off for most of the afternoon. The food at the restaurant was forgettable but it was a pretty spot. Betty and I both like patio restaurants. After lunch we went back out to WalMart and then came back to Lindsay. They rebuilt one end of the little shopping mall in Lindsay so I got to see it for the first time. They were building last year when we were here in June.

Betty brought me back as she needed my gluten free soy sauce to make a dish for Saturday night as we are invited to dinner. She also wanted to see my photos of Nick and Becky’s wedding. I had seen hers at lunch but mine are on my computer. So I need to do a printout of one of the photos I have for her. Betty and I walked Bib around the park and then she headed back to the cottage.

Both Gordon and I had a nap. I was really tired and didn’t wake up till about 7:30 p.m. past out dinnertime! Nothing but TV for tonight.

I also didn’t take any photos today as I didn’t want to bother with my camera so I’m putting up some that I took last Fall in San Diego, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.