Wednesday 10 May 2006

Wednesday at the Arboretum



Today was such a beautiful day. I sat outside in my lawnchair and read my book for a long time this morning.

Gordon went out just before lunch looking for his flat panel monitor and came back without one. The plan for this afternoon was to take the dog and go and walk somewhere so just after lunch Gordon decided he wanted to go to Staples and buy the monitor he had seen there but instead we stopped at Future Shop and he wound up buying a 17” NEC flat panel.

When we got back we loaded up the dog and headed for the Arboretum. We walked around and took some photos. It’s so pretty there this time of year. Bib left his presence known on just about every blade of grass and tree there.

When we came back, I sat outside and read again till it got a little cool then I moved inside to read. I’ve been reading ‘Winter Solstice’ by Rosamunde Pilcher. It’s the second time I’ve read it and it’s just a nice little story. It takes place in England and Scotland and I just love their way of saying things like ‘muck out’ and ‘turning your toes up’. There are so many of them!

Photos today were taken at the Arboretum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.