Thursday 26 January 2006

Thursday's here again!



Today, as usual I walked the dog first thing. I don’t usually mention it because it occurs daily usually between 7:15 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. After feeding him and me, I usually do some internet surfing. Gordon is usually either out taking sunrise shots or sitting in his chair already on the internet since he got up usually somewhere between 2:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m.

Today we decided to head west toward Blythe, CA as we hadn’t gone far in that direction. We saw the Colorado River again and that’s about all. Not much of note going west. On the way back I took some photos of the sea RVs on BLM land and this is my photo for today. I wanted to take one from a distance so you could see the expanse but my camera isn’t equipped for wide angle or distance.

After we got back and had lunch, it seemed cool outside so I lay down on the couch to read and of course, fell asleep for a while. I then got up and headed for the campground shower and realized it had gotten nice and warm so when I got back from my shower I sat outside and read and let my hair dry naturally.

Then Bib and I went for another short walk around the park. I will miss this park in some ways. It’s the first park we’ve had in a long time where the sites are so huge! You actually feel like you have some space to yourself rather than being so close to your neighbor you’re sitting on his septic system. It’s also fairly quiet here and a short walk to the BLM area making you feel like you’re in the country, which you are. The price is pretty good - $125/wk less Good Sam Discount. The minuses for this location are lack of good grocery stores, all the roads in the park are gravel and dusty.

Since we’re leaving on Saturday for points east, we have to make some arrangements for a new park……..

Now I’m thinking about what to have for dinner and am leaning toward sandwich steaks and rice so I’d better get to it, then another night of TV and internet. The exciting life of the retired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.