Friday 20 August 2010

Thursday to Sunday August 19-22, 2010

Thursday

We're still waiting for the repairman to come and fix the furnace blower. With his busy schedule and us being unavailable because of eye surgery we just haven't been able to get it done.

Today we had to go back to Ottawa for my 24 hour eye checkup. Since my eye doctor was scheduled to operate today we had to go back to the hospital for my checkup rather than his office which is much closer for us. My appointment was for 4:15 p.m. and it was raining. Rush hour is bad enough but with rain, you just can't get anywhere.

Rush hour



We left early as Gordon wanted to take a few photos along the way and I wanted to stop at Natural Food Pantry to pick up some bread mix among other things. That done, it was only 3:30 but since it was raining Gordon dropped me at the hospital. The eye clinic was a zoo. There had to have been 50 people in the waiting room, luckily not all for my eye doctor. I didn't get in till nearly 5 p.m. but my visit was short. He was happy with the eye. I do have a small wrinkle in the retina (not related to the surgery) but he thought that it should be okay. He was happy that I was able to read so soon but expects that within the next week things will be clearer.

Farmers working a field


We did some maneuvering around to get out of traffic just so we could keep moving and wound up at Little Italy.

Sunset on the way home



I can also now go to the license bureau and get my license changed so I no longer have to wear glasses for driving.

I called Gordon to pick me up and we headed for my sister's house in the west end, very, very slowly. Luckily it had quit raining but still the traffic was tedious. We stopped for some dinner at Wendy's and then to my sister's for a short visit and to pick up some things that they had brought for me from the cottage.

Thanks to my older sister Betty's friend, Diane for the housewarming gift.

Friday

Today was a nice sunny day.

I'd hardly had breakfast by the time I had made a loaf of bread and put dinner in the crockpot. I'll be so glad when I can do things for myself again. I have to get Gordon to do all the lifting - getting the breadmaker and crockpot out of the cupboard. I can't do my own vacuuming or cleaning other than pushing around the swiffer and that doesn't really clean much! It's so frustrating!

This afternoon I did take the car out to pick up some things that don't weigh much. It was nice to drive again.

Saturday

Looks like we're going to have a rainy weekend. When I woke up it wasn't raining but the radar showed rain all around us.

Gordon called the furnace repair guy again and he said he'd be here this morning. He did arrive but it wasn't only the pulley. He had to replace the shaft as well. He also took part of the furnace to the car wash and washed it. Now it works like a charm. He's coming back later in the week to do some other stuff for us.

I don't feel so much like I have something in my eye this morning so I guess things are healing up okay.

While waiting for the rain to start this morning and since it was cooler I decided to bake some blueberry/walnut muffins. I had an El Peto mix on hand. They turned out pretty well, some of them are strange shapes. I find that gluten free baking doesn't level out the way gluten does but I don't much care how they look, it's how they taste that counts.




Sunday

Rain, rain, rain! This is what the radar looked like this morning.

Sure looks worse on the U.S. side of the border though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.