Tuesday 5 January 2010

Tuesday January 5, 2009-More Flurries

Guess what I woke up to this morning - more snow flurries! This is getting really old and winter only started on December 21st. I decided to brave the -18C (0F) wind chill and went for a long walk this morning. I wasn't cold since I dressed for the weather but my glasses kept fogging up which is really annoying.

The snow flurries stopped about mid morning so this afternoon I went out and shoveled the steps and walk again and took the push broom to the back deck.

Other than finishing my book by James Lee Burke-"Last Car to Elysian Fields", I watched some TV, did the laundry and cleaned up the tree stand so it can go into storage for another year.

It was interesting to note this morning that the temperature at 6 a.m. in Victoria, B.C. was warmer than it was at 9 a.m. in Tampa, FL. Maybe Vancouver Island isn't a bad idea for the winter after all!

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking the same thing. I'm sick of this cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides...your area is way more beautiful than Florida! Even with the snow flurries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Victoria BC sounds like a lovely place to spend the winter unless you can go to the tropics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!

    Crazy weather - hard to believe it is so cold in the east.

    Hope it warms up there a bit in Ontario too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.