Friday, 13 November 2009

Friday November 13, 2009-The Good News and the Bad News

Well, the good news is I got a reply from the lawyer in London, Ontario on my deportation problem. The bad news is quoted from his email to me:
It would appear as if you will be required to attend immigration court in the U.S. to formally reopen the deportation proceedings. Those likely relate to your permanent residence status years ago and a possible failure to apply to remove conditional status. I don't handle immigration court matters. You would be wise to seek an attorney in Buffalo who can do that for you.
So I sent him an email asking for a recommendation and he has complied with the name of a firm in Buffalo, NY. This just reinforces Gordon's and my thoughts that this ain't gonna be easy or cheap! So I'm bummed again. Since there are no immigration lawyers that I can find near the border in a US town that is close to Ottawa, it looks like I will have to go to the Buffalo area if I want to get this done and it's really not convenient right now with my sister in the hospital and pending eye surgery for me not to mention the winter driving to get there. I had such high hopes for this guy in London. He did indicate that the lawyer in Buffalo could file papers to allow me to cross the border to go to court but maybe it's just not meant to be.......

This morning we decided to go and find a trail so wound up on the Sarsaparilla Trail, another one that is fairly close to us. This one is also part of Stony Swamp. We started out on this trail a couple of years ago but for some reason didn't complete it and today the place was just crawling with kids. Must have been a PD Day so we didn't stay long.

Beaver pond

This blue jay landed quite close to us - he was interested in the seeds that I had put on the fence

Part of the trail

After that we took off in search of different areas of the Jock River that we haven't seen before.. Gordon read about it on line and wanted to see some different areas of it. So we drove around a lot and got some photos. At one point we saw a Great Blue Heron by the river. I thought they would have all left to go south by now. No photo of him as he took off as soon as the truck stopped.

An old barn along the Jock River

Jock River

Still lots of geese around

All in all it was a pretty day with a high of about 10C (50F) and lots of sunshine.

This afternoon I took Max for a walk on the Trans Canada Trail and he was full of burrs when he got home so his Mommy had to cut most of them out. I had pulled a few of them out on the trail and he is so good about it. No biting or snapping like our dog would have. He's a very gentle creature.


  1. Oh I like your old barn picture.... neato!

  2. Will you be able to let this go until next Spring when the weather is better for traveling? I cannot blame you for not wanting to brave the winter roads. I sure wish you good luck!

  3. Anonymous8:08 pm

    if you need somewhere to stay halfway to Buffalo, our guestroom is open!!

    love Laura & Steve

  4. What a mess! I'm so sorry you have to endure all of this red tape and legal proceedings. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you when you meet with the immigration attorney. Good Luck!

  5. Sending "Happy Thoughts" to you that the immigration lawyer can help smooth out this "red tape" for you ASAP!
    I'm amazed that the Blue Heron is still there, too!
    Loved your Blue Jay!:)
    Kathy Webb


Thank you for leaving a comment.