Tuesday 11 August 2009

Tuesday August 11, 2009

Today was a gorgeous sunny day with a breeze.

This morning after my walk and breakfast I went in to town to pick up some groceries. I wasn't gone long.

I hadn't slept well last night and I wanted to get in a nap before my sister arrived around 3 p.m. for a visit. So I unloaded the groceries, did the dishes, cleaned up and then went for a nap but couldn't fall asleep. I hate it when that happens. I fooled around on the computer for a while then tried again and was able to get a little rest.

While I was waiting for Betty to arrive this Phaeton drove in and the guy at the wheel looked so much like Jim that I had to look twice. Anyway, they're from Ontario and are parked beside us.

Betty arrived and we sat outside for a couple of hours and chatted. It's been nearly a year since we've seen each other. It was so beautiful outside. No rain today!

Here she comes


View from my lawnchair


She left around 5:30 and Gordon and I went in search of a Great Blue Heron that we had seen flying by. We found him!

There's a lot of grass down by the docks

3 comments:

  1. we have one of those birds around here once in awhile. I thought it was a heron. It's great to see you back with sis. Have a great time, that means it won't be long you'll be heading south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the Blue Herons in Lake Ozark too. They are skittish when you try for a photo. They don't mind leaving big surprises on the dock thou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so great that you got to see your sister. Are you two the only children? I don't remember you ever saying but then I forget so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.