Friday 27 February 2009

A Really Hot Day!

Another shorts and T-shirt morning - 69F (21C) again, this time with some sun and a breeze. I walked a lot of the River Trail this morning and saw lots of cardinals again as well as buzzards and miscellaneous other little birds.

I spent most of the morning trying to get us situated at Kerrville. We had almost decided not to go. Kerrville-Schreiner would not guarantee us a site where we could see our satellites. That is a no-no for us. The lady on the phone, Tina, also had to keep going and asking someone else questions so I finally gave up.

San Antonio River

Another photo of the River Trail

Black vulture

Lots of cardinals here

So, I called By the River RV Park and got a site for $131/wk so we're booked in there. Bummer! I was really looking forward to all the trails at Kerrville-Schreiner but there is apparently a trail at By the River too. So, that's all set.

Gordon left after lunch to go and photograph the Presidio La Bahia. I stayed behind and got the vacuuming done and had a shower in our own shower for a change. The water pressure here is amazing! I also went for a brief walk to see if Glenn and Sylvia were outside but the sun is on their patio and they weren't outside. It was very hot! Our high this afternoon got to 96F (36C). I went a ways down the trail beside their RV and took a few photos then came back to air conditioned comfort! It's way too hot outside for me today!

Another trail photo, this one is beside Glenn & Sylvia's site

After Gordon got back I drove into the Super S Grocery to pick up a few items as I was too lazy to go to Victoria today. While I was there I asked if there was a laundromat in town and indeed there is, there's no sign, but they do have one. It's not great but it's a laundromat so hopefully in the next couple of days I'll get some laundry done. When it's hot, you tend to change clothes more often!

All in all, a nice, quiet day!

1 comment:

  1. I had been looking at the reviews for CG's in Kerrville, and had seen that rate for By The River RV Park, and was going to tell you about it. It seems that their monthly rate is $250.
    The trails at Kerrville-Schreiner do look interesting, and worth a look see, but that whole area is beautiful.
    I hope to see you there.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.