Friday 5 September 2008

Laundry and Lindsay

The day started out pleasant and sunny with quite a brisk wind. The good thing about the wind was that it had dried the grass already at 8 a.m. I had a nice walk and run around the campground and did my exercises down by the beach.


After breakfast I changed the bed and got the laundry ready then hauled it down to the campground laundry. Luckily no one else was there as I needed all 4 washers and dryers. Betty had offered to let me come out there and do the laundry but with her little stackable I'd be there for two days getting it done. The main reason she wanted me to come out was today is our cousin, Ed's birthday and she wanted to call him but I'll have to make do with a 'Happy Birthday, Ed'. Ed lives in Winchester, England and is our father's nephew. Ed is so much like Dad even down to his mannerisms.

By mid morning the sun had gone and it turned cloudy. We had a few sprinkles of rain just as we were getting ready to go into town. Gordon needed a haircut and I had to pick something up that I had ordered at the health food store. After that we drove around Lindsay a bit and I took some photos.

This pretty old spreading tree was the first thing that caught my eye in this little park along the Scugog River.

There's an old wooden footbridge that spans the Scugog River and a really nice paved trail on the other side.

A view of the Scugog River from the footbridge.

We drove a little further along the street and saw this old boathouse that's slowly sinking into the river.


When I got home I called our pharmacy in Ottawa to be sure they have Gordon's antifungal medication for next week.

1 comment:

  1. GEE I wish that wind had blown that rain down here! Enjoyed that walk and run with you today. I was a little winded but I will be in better shape for it. Tell Gordon that Sherri and I said Hi

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.