Wednesday 13 August 2008

A Day Spent in the RV Park at Home

I awakened to pouring rain. A least yesterday was one day of reprieve from it. The ground here is saturated and walking on the grass around the park is very spongy. There is water under a lot of the picnic tables and under the kid's swing set as well as lots of other places.

Pink hollyhock

Cute sign in the park


After breakfast I changed the bed and got the laundry ready and was on my way to getting it in the truck when I realized it was 9:55 a.m. and it was Wednesday and the coffee klatch was going on in the rec hall at 10 a.m. So I got the laundry in the washers and met Gordon at the coffee klatch. We again met up with Tom and Pat who we've met before and sat with Sharon and Phil who are two doors away from us. I was going back and forth to the laundry and finally got it done just after noon. There are four washers and dryers here and it's usually pretty busy so had to wait a while for the dryers. They also don't dry as well or as quickly as the big gas dryer in Ottawa does so it takes longer and of course, is more expensive.

Clouds in the water

The sun came out for a while this afternoon so I walked around the park, then got things ready to wash the windows. Gordon came out and did the windows for me so I wiped down the lower half of the RV. I know it will have to be done again as the top half badly needs washing too but another day for that!

The beach area


Lots of puddles


We both had naps this afternoon and I read for a bit then made cornbread to go with out stew for dinner.

2 comments:

  1. great pics! Makes me want to quit my job and travel around the US with my trailer. One day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. I sure love it when people put in campground pictures. Lots of water, please send out way.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.