Wednesday 30 April 2008

April Expenses and Visits

Even though we spent the month traveling we were doing really well on expenses until we had to pay income tax. We would have been within our $3000.00/month limit without that so except for income tax, I'm happy with April's expenses.

Here's a photo I took of Gordon yesterday after he got back from the doctor.



Here are a couple of park photos I took on my morning walk.


In order to set up sharing between spouses for CPP (Canada Pension Plan), you have to send in a certified copy of your marriage certificate. OK, so when we cleaned out the house, where did I put it. My first thought was the safety deposit box so on my way out today, I stopped at the Bank. No marriage certificate. OK, where else would it be? More on that later.

Today was the day I was going to the office to see my former co-workers. I was early so I stopped by to see my friend, Sandy who works for Edward Jones Investments not far from Breconridge where I used to work so I was able to chat with her for 1/2 hour or so then on to Breconridge.

I saw a lot of people today but also found that a lot that I knew and worked with have either quite or been laid off and there are more changes coming up. Pretty soon I won't know anyone there. But I got to see my favourite people but sure missed John who retired recently to travel all over North and South America on his motorcycle. I also found out he recently became a grandfather so congratulations, John! I even saw photos! People have been moved around all over the place too. I'd never be able to find anyone any more!

I left there around 2:00 p.m. and stopped and picked up some groceries. I came home the scenic way and stopped at one of the trails to take a few photos arriving home just before 4:00 p.m. A long day!


You can just see one little red squirrel (or maybe it's a chipmunk) as he was chasing another one at a hundred miles an hour.




This is something that no RVer wants to see!



When I got home, I started looking for the marriage certificate and found it in the only other place I could think of so now I have to go and get that photocopied and certified - something to do tomorrow!

A new couple with their two dogs has just come in beside us so I talked to them for a while. They're from Thunder Bay, Ontario and are here for a wedding on Saturday night so I was able to help them with directions to the church and the hotel where the wedding festivities will be held. The wedding is being held downtown at St Peter's Lutheran Church. I used to come in with our Luther League group from Williamsburg when I was a teenager which is more years ago than I want to remember although everyone at work today thought I looked younger than when I left.

That's what retirement does for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.