Saturday 21 July 2007

Hershey's

Late yesterday afternoon the rain finally stopped and I got to go for my walk. The temperature rose to 19C (67F) and the sun finally came out around dinner time.

I woke up to bright, sunny cloudless skies and a temperature of 17C (62F). I had a nice walk but didn’t see much, only the goldfinches and a couple of butterflies. The wind was a bit cool but walking soon warmed me up.

This morning we got ready and headed into Smiths Falls. Here are a couple of photos I took along the way.

The prime objective for this trip was to visit the Hershey plant. I've lived in this area for almost 59 years and had never been there so away we went and picked up lots of Reese's pieces, Gordon's favourite candy. Note the street lamps in the shape of Hershey's kisses. When we arrived you could really smell the chocolate even in the parking lot.

We did a brief tour from the observation deck but not much was going on. I don't know whether it was because it's Saturday or the fact that the plant is closing sometime in the near future.

After Hershey's, we were hungry so we went in search of a restuarant serving all day breakfast and found one on Hwy 15 called Roosterant. We had a really great breakfast, excellent tasting eggs and it even agreed with Gordon and it was probably the most inexpensive breakfast we've had in some time.

We picked up a couple of other items we were looking for including a weather station that Gordon has wanted. The last one we bought in Kentucky didn't work properly so we had to return it. He spent the afternoon putting it together. I had wanted to walk around the downtown area but with all the chocolate we bought (I picked up some baking chips for the lady that owns the campground) and the sun shining, we thought we'd better come home before all the chocolate melted! We'll have to go back again!

Today was a beautiful, warm, sunny day with no sign of rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.