Thursday 19 July 2007

Around the House and News!

This morning was 20C (68F), cloudy and humid and looked like rain might be imminent so I took my rain jacket and did my three point walk (three directions) so I’m closer to home if it starts to rain but don’t give up my 30 minutes.

This morning I got the vacuuming done, washed the floors then had a nice warm shower. That felt good!

Yesterday I had bought a roast of beef and put it in the crockpot with carrots, potatoes, onion soup mix and a little cooking wine so we tried an experiment at eating our big meal at lunch today. I know it’s better to eat your big meal earlier in the day but we’ve never done it before mostly because of working and we’re usually doing something mid day which would preclude eating our large meal at noon. So, the jury’s still out on whether this continues.

This afternoon I decided I had better back up my hard drive as it’s been over two months since it was done.

We had a few brief rays of sun and then rain this afternoon and we only reached a high of 22C (71F). That was higher than the weather report had said it would get. I spent the afternoon reading my book by Stephen White “Manner of Death” which I finished and then started "The Empty House" by Rosamunde Pilcher.

During the afternoon we received a phone call from Gordon’s son, Ian with good news. He and Tracy are expecting their third child next spring. That will be grandchild #6!

Since the weather didn't cooperate today, these photos were taken yesterday in Almonte.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.