Thursday 17 May 2007

Errands and an Appointment in Ottawa

This morning was mainly sunny and 12C (54F) when I got up. This afternoon was mostly cloudy and about 11C (52F). I haven’t been walking the last couple of days due to going in to Ottawa for appointments. That’s why I usually like to stay at a campground in Ottawa until the appointments are over but it’s very nice being here at Tranquil Acres.

I had lots to do today. I had to go into Ottawa as I had an appointment with my periodontist. So I left home around 8:30 a.m. and got quite a few errands run before my appointment. Years ago I had a Nathan Pritikin cookbook with a really good recipe with chicken, veggies and pineapple so I stopped at a used book store and found the book however the recipe didn’t call for chicken. I guess we just altered the recipe by putting chicken in it. Anyway, I bought the book as I want to make the recipe again. I went to three stores before I could find my flax cereal which I found at Loblaws at Baseline and Woodroffe. I also found a water dispenser there and my bottles fit okay. It was only 60 cents per gallon which is fairly cheap for this area. I picked up our prescriptions and parted with nearly $800.00 of which I should get back 80% from Sun Life. I also picked up some groceries at Food Basics in Kanata after which I headed back to Carleton Place arriving at some time around 2:30 p.m. Gordon then went out and got propane. With these cold nights we’re using quite a bit.

The one thing I didn’t get done was take my medical receipts to Staples to get photocopied so I could send my first claim of the year to my extended health care. We have to go back to Ottawa tomorrow so will hopefully get that done then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.