Thursday 1 February 2007

Nice to See Some Sun


Pelican at the mud flats

White pelicans against dark sky and water

It was 47F (8C) and cloudy this morning. I got up late again as I heard it raining around 7:00 a.m. so decided to stay in bed. I walked along Lone Star and Farmers Circle but didn’t see a donkey or the long-horned steer or the horse. As I approached the pond across the road from the RV entrance, a Great Blue Heron flew off. I hadn’t seen wading birds there so wasn’t really even looking for them. I thought the pond was too deep. Guess I was wrong!

Gordon received his new lens via UPS this afternoon so we went to Goose Island State Park to see if we could find any birds. There wasn’t much in the park. We stopped by the bridge that crosses Copano Bay/Aransas Bay and took some photos there of pelicans, shore birds and a lone heron. While we were on the mud flats by the bridge the sun came out for the first time since Sunday. Sure is nice to see it again!


When the sun came out, it warmed up and we reached a high of 61F (16C) which is nice after a high yesterday of 49F (9C).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.