Wednesday 22 November 2006

Shopping and Potluck Prep


Photo taken by Gordon

The Torch of Friendship (La Antorcha dela Amistad)

Representing the longstanding friendship and roots shared between Mexico and the USA.
Tower of the Americas in the background.
Photographed in San Antonio, Texas USA

We’re so lucky! It’s another beautiful sunny, warm day and tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer!

This morning I ventured into the outskirts of the city where there is a couple of WalMarts, Target, Big Lots etc and spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon doing girlie things like shopping. I didn’t buy all that much except groceries but it was nice to get out on my own and see what I want to see without tying Gordon up all day. I got back around 2:00 p.m. long before rush hour hit.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the U.S. and our campground is having a potluck. We are each to bring a covered dish and a dessert. Since Gordon has celiac disease, I always make something that he can eat so I’m making my usual potluck Calico Beans and for dessert, my niece, Danica’s Rocky Road Bars except I made them with butterscotch instead of chocolate as Gordon can’t eat chocolate. I’ll put the crockpot on overnight as the potluck is at 11:00 a.m.

I didn’t take any photos today so borrowed one from Gordon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.