Sunday 3 September 2006

Wimpy's


Today when I took my walk it was raining but not that heavily so I didn’t need an umbrella. If it had been that heavy, I wouldn’t have walked.

I was just settling into my book when Betty called to see if we wanted to go out for breakfast. We had eaten but since by the time we got there it would be almost lunch time, we went for it. Gordon had photoshoped one of Betty’s photos of their Amazon cruise to fit their Christmas card so we stopped at Staples to get it printed and met them at Wimpy’s. Wimpy’s is a 50’s diner and has all kinds of coke memorabilia around. Gordon’s topic for his photo club this month is Coca Cola so he photographed a lot of the stuff that they had.

We had breakfast and a chat and then went our separate ways.We stopped at Valu Mart and I picked up makings for a stew. It’s that kind of weather again! When I got home I made the stew and put it on the stove to simmer for a couple of hours. We won’t be having dinner tonight as we went out today but it’s better when it sits for a day.

The rain had stopped by the time we returned to the campground so Gordon put the awning out again and after my food prep, I did some interneting and then settled down with my book. I’m reading John Sandford’s Dead Watch. It’s also a pretty good book Betty brought me another one by Lee Child called The Hard Way. I want to get all the hardcover books read so I can give them to Danica before we leave to head south. They take up lots more room and are heavier than paperbacks.

The rest of the day was a quiet one.

I didn't take any photos today so the one above is from our trip on Wednesday to Six Foot Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.