Saturday 16 September 2006

Running Around


Fog over the fields this morning at 7:00 a.m.

Carp Farmer's Market

Our RV taken from the visitor's parking area this morning

This morning I was up at the crack of dawn - 6:30 a.m. as we were going to the Carp Farmer's Market. We were told to get there early. I didn't get my walk or my breakfast first thing as usual but instead headed to Carp, taking some photos along the way as we had patchy fog. We arrived well before opening time and just wandered around. Our purpose for being there was to buy farm fresh eggs. My husband has been bugging me about this for some time. So now we have them, so what do we do? We go out for breakfast. After we finished at the Farmer's Market, other than the eggs I also bought butter tarts which I have been told are excellent and some brussel sprouts for dinner.

We then headed east on the Queensway to downtown but traffic was backing up at Carling Avenue because of construction so we got off and took Richmond Road into town. Lots of construction everywhere! We had breakfast at Woody's on Elgin Street and got a table right in the window. Shortly after we arrived they opened the windows so it was almost like eating on a patio. We returned home via the Ottawa River Parkway, very beautiful this morning and stopped to pick up my new sneakers at the Sears catalogue office. They had notified me by email late yesterday that they were in. On our way south on Pinecrest, the truck turned 100,000 km. From there, we headed home and spent the afternoon relaxing.

We had a nice dinner of whipped potatoes, fresh brussel sprouts and barbecued pork tenderloin with tapioca pudding and strawberries for dessert for Gordon's birthday.

A beautiful day today, mostly sunny.

On a sadder note, it's one month today since Bib left us.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.