Saturday 1 April 2006

More Sightseeing

Ground Rainbow

Old Town, Albuquerque

Spring Flowers


Wendy's Southwestern Style

It was quite warm but cloudy this morning-54F and it started to sprinkle a bit when I was out for my walk but as the morning progressed the sun came out so we decided to do some sightseeing. Since I didn’t want to leave Bib in the truck again when we stopped to look around, he got to stay home. He’s always happy to do that as long as he gets treats.

We started out heading eastbound on I-40, got off at Wyoming Ave and then came back on Route 66 to Old Town. We parked and again went our separate ways, Gordon to take photos and me to shop and take photos. Old Town is more extensive than I originally thought so I didn’t get to see all of it in the 1 ½ hours that we had decided on. We met up for lunch and walked to Wendy’s. Note the adobe style of the building in keeping with the southwest.

After lunch we walked back and got the truck and continued on to WalMart as Gordon needed some new sneakers and I needed to pick up a few more groceries for our journey toward Ohio on Monday.

On our way back to the RV from WalMart it started to rain and we could see ahead that the sun was shining. Great for a rainbow? We stopped along the side of the road first of all because the sky was so interesting, then looked back toward the Sandia Mountains and there was a beautiful ground rainbow. Neither of us had seen one like that before. It kept getting higher and higher and you could see clearly all the colors. The closest I had come to seeing a rainbow like that was on the water at Cumberland Falls some years ago. I thought the blog warranted a photo of the rainbow.

Just as an update to my breathing problems. It gets better and then worse, usually worse at night. I went to Walgreen’s last night and talked to the pharmacist and he thought it might be due to the elevation here so he suggested Sudafed which I’ve been taking. Doesn’t seem to make a lot of difference. I think we’re going to drive on Monday until we’re out of the mountains and see if I’m any better. Gordon thinks it’s more related to allergies with dust and such blowing around. Hope that’s all it is!

Nothing planned for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.