Wednesday 29 March 2006

Haircut, Groceries, Sightseeing


Photo of Laguna, NM taken from I-40 so we weren't on private property. You can see the Laguna Mission (white building) at the top on the right just beside the tree

Albuquerque Volcano

Today I got off to a slow start. Gordon was out before sunrise to take some photos and back before I even got up which was around 7:20 a.m. At 48F it was a bit breezy for our walks but it was pleasant. After breakfast, shower etc. I thought I’d have a nap but decided we needed a few items from the grocery store so I got out my WalMart locator and found a SuperWalMart quite close to us.

Around 11:00 a.m. I set out to find it. You go through a few miles of absolutely nothing to get there. I was about to turn around thinking I was on the wrong road and my Albuquerque map had done it again (read yesterday’s posting) but I persevered and found the place. While I was there I treated myself to a badly needed haircut. My hair had gotten bleached in the ends which stick out from my cap and was quite dry. It wouldn’t turn under anymore so now it’s just below my ears again and feels much better.

After I returned to the RV with the groceries and got them put away, we decided to head west on I-40. We went about 50 miles and saw some nice red mesas and buttes but they are on Indian reservations and there are signs up saying no photography, sketching, and audio/video taping so we didn’t get very many photos.

We also stopped in a little town called Laguna and photographed the Laguna Mission which was completed in 1699 although we apparently were not supposed to so I won’t post any photos.

When we got back we went to the Albuquerque Volcanoes just north of where we’re staying and I took some photos while Gordon hiked up to one of the volcanoes.

It’s very windy here this afternoon and we’re being buffered about in the RV but the temperature did get to a pleasant 70F.

Tonight’s another favorite TV night – LOST! Too bad Invasion isn’t on any more. There was talk of cancellation but I haven’t been able to find out for sure. Looks like it’s off for a while anyway as they have The Evidence scheduled in its time slot.

Plans are to go to Santa Fe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.