Friday 13 January 2006

Hanging Around the Park

After I took Bib to the doggie park this morning, I went for a 15 minute or so walk around the park. It's interesting to see where everyone is from. There are quite a few RVs here from Ontario, lots from Albert and British Columbia and a few from Saskatchewan. There are even a few Titaniums here.

Since I've been putting off doing the laundry for too long, today I finally got my act together and got it done. The laundry machines here don't take quarters. You buy a card for $10 and you get $8 worth of laundry done and you get to keep the card. Yippee! You can use it when you come back to this park again. If and when we do, I wonder if I'll be able to find the card! I have to say it's more efficient than carrying around a bag full of quarters. They had this system in the park at San Diego too but you didn't have to buy the card. You just had to return it to the office when you were done and had to forego whatever amount was left on the card. I was lucky and had about $3.50 on the card when I got it from the office and returned it with zero dollars on it.

Anyway the laundry is done!

I also got to sit outside in the sun in my chair for a while. It was hot in the sun but there is a slight breeze again today.

Gordon went out just before sunset to photograph the dunes again. He found another road that went to a different spot in the dunes that he wanted to try out. I decided to stay here as I had seen enough dunes for now and I was tired from all the manual labour today. Also I wanted to get dinner ready. I hate getting home at 6:30 p.m. and having to rush to get that done.

The photo with today's blog shows our site at Las Quintas Oasis RV Park, site #54.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.