Thursday 26 May 2011

Beautiful Day in Nature

Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day. I had an appointment for a bone density test so it was back to Ottawa for us. Since the appointment wasn't till mid afternoon, we left mid morning and stopped at Franktown to see their lilacs. Franktown claims to be the Lilac Capital of Ontario and Saturday is their annual Lilac Festival. They do, indeed, have more lilacs than I've ever seen in one town.














From there we headed for Ottawa and the Ornamental Gardens. They had a lot of spring flowers including lilacs so we spent some time there.
























After that we went across the road to Fletcher Wildlife Garden. By then I was pretty much worn out from walking so we didn't do any real trails, just took some photos.











After a stop at Bulk Barn, it was almost time for my appointment so Gordon dropped me off and he returned to the Ornamental Gardens. The bone density scan was over in about half an hour so instead of stopping for lunch as planned, we continued on straight home.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers! I love lilacs, they smell so good. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What with the cool weather we are having I think our lilacs have become a fall flowering bush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, Sandra. Thanks! We just planted a lilac - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet that Franktown is one sweet smelling place this time of year:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm.... the sweet perfume of lilacs! One of the things I miss living in the South!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely places, flowers, sunsets, birds and just everything you find to photograph.
    It is a joy to see where you have been. Thanks for sharing.

    I have been taking a lot of calcium and Vitamin D, so my next bone scan should be better, though it has been a few years since I had one.
    I hope yours is fine, too.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I can almost smell those beautiful flowers. Looks like you had a very pleasant day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.