Sunday 27 February 2011

To Almonte!

Almonte is home of the inventor of the game of basketball, James Naismith. Our mission today was to look for a bird feeder. We had looked around Smiths Falls but were taking comparison shopping to a new level.

While there I took some architectural photos. That's something that has been grabbing my interest lately. Here are some of the photos.

This is a part of the Home Hardware store

Neat clock tower

This is the whole building in downtown Almonte

A brick wall

Black Watch

Double doors

Single door

Door at Registry Office

Registry office building

Yellow doors on Anglican Church    




There is a lot of interesting architecture in the small towns around here. This summer I hope to get out on my bike and take some around our own town.

Oh, and no we didn't get a bird feeder yet!

3 comments:

  1. Some of the photos certainly have a "European" feel. Really beautiful architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. I'm with you I love architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those buildings could be in England or Germany, but I see the settlers were mostly Scottish and Irish.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almonte,_Ontario

    Lovely pictures, great door architecture, and a very interesting town.

    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.