Saturday 16 October 2010

Thursday to Saturday October 14-16, 2010

Thursday

The threat of rain was in the air and in fact it had rained during the night but I went for my walk anyway. We had a few sprinkles on and off this morning.

My Immigration lawyer had requested that we print out the statements that we had prepared for him, sign and date them and mail to him so we got that done this morning, then I went out to the post office. While out I stopped to get a key made (it doesn't work) and picked up a few things, one of which is a kneepad so hopefully this will save wear and tear on my knees for jobs like gardening.

We had to go out and put gas in the car so took the key back and the lady made another one. This one is tight but it works.

I was looking around in blogger this afternoon and found they've updated it. You can now apparently upload as many photos as you want and move them around so I've switched. I'll have to take some photos to give this a try!

I made a meatloaf for dinner and we just hung around for the rest of the evening. Gordon had an appointment for midnight for an MRI at the Ottawa Hospital so we had to go out in the rain to go to Ottawa. Neither of us likes driving at night in the rain and on the way in to Ottawa it really rained. It felt like we were hydroplaning at times. But we arrived, safe and sound, about an hour early. He was taken early and we were headed for home about 12:15 a.m. It wasn't raining as hard then and we arrived home around 1:30 a.m. The MRI is to check his lungs from the Valley Fever and also to look at some fluid that they found in his spine the last time they did an MRI. The thought is that it's congenital. Hopefully,  nothing serious.

Friday

Needless to say, I slept late this morning and it was still raining. I decided to take the day off from walking.

This afternoon we had an appointment with our local bank to get all our accounts transferred here. They were very accommodating.

After dropping Gordon at the house I went on to Walmart to pick up some things, Zellers for a prescription and a grocery store. Very exciting stuff!

It rained all day and was still raining when I went to bed. On the radar it looked like we had a stalled system.

Saturday

I was surprised to see some sun when I got up this morning. I had an enjoyable walk and took some photos of my walk downtown.




The oak tree in front of the house is pretty now
Red & green leaves   
Autumn sky

This is an interesting bridge

Downtown-Beckwith Street

I walk by this door often - the art is cute!

Plant cycle

 While I was cleaning out the front garden this morning, Gordon went off in search of something to cover the air conditioner for the winter. I got all the garden debris boxed up and Gordon came home with weather stripping and nothing to cover the air conditioner BUT he had found a tool chest that he wanted. So off we went to the dump site for garden waste, got rid of that and went and got him his tool chest.


While we were out we went to the cemetery beside the dump site. The trees were pretty.


After lunch he installed the weather stripping and did some caulking on the front porch roof so our mail doesn't get wet. Then we started putting away lawn furniture for the winter. It was a nice day to get things like that done.

While he was outside putting together his new tool chest,  I did some inside cleaning. I use my swiffer with either wet or dry cloths usually but every once in a while you need to actually mop (with something other than my socks walking across the floor LOL) and I love the smell of Pine Sol!

When he finished the tool chest he put together my yard cart so it's ready for spring! The yard cart is cool. It even has a dump feature!

I just read that the RV community has had another tragedy. Bruce and Margie went out for a walk this morning and were struck down by a car, neither survived. Apparently the driver of the car was trying to commit suicide. They will be missed by their family and by the RVing community among others, myself included.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics! A Camp Host Housewife

    http://acamphosthousewifesmeanderings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.