Friday 17 September 2010

Friday September 17, 2010

After yesterday's deluge of rain this morning was bright and sunny but chilly at 8C (46F). Luckily I had left out a pair of gloves when we moved so away I went on my morning walk. The last two days I have been conserving my energy for wallpaper removal and installation. As I was walking I noticed little black and gray squirrels scurrying around carrying acorns in their mouths. I hope that's not a sign of early winter!

I spent the morning running errands.

This afternoon we got some energy and cleaned and vacuumed out the garage. There was all kinds of cardboard and styrofoam that had to be cut up. We have many, many garbage bags. At 2 bags per week that we're allowed it will take till next year this time to get them all sent off to landfill. I wish there was somewhere that would take back styrofoam! The cardboard will be recycled. We have a garage door opener that Gordon is going to install so we can put the car in the garage this winter. We believe that garages are for cars not junk!

Tonight it looked like there would be a nice sunset so we went out. It was pretty, not as spectacular as some earlier in the year but definitely worth missing Jeopardy!

Sun on the water

Cloud reflections

Purple clouds

1 comment:

  1. wow.. your sunset shots are wonderful!!! I especially love the first one with the reflection... it looks like a painted abstract or a piece of interesting dyed cloth!

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.