Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Tuesday & Wednesday July 13 & 14, 2010


I had another decent morning for my walk, it was cloudy and the humidity was building but there was some breeze.

We headed back to Perth today and Gordon got his photo printed. While we were waiting for the printing we walked around downtown Perth a bit. Then went and had a coffee at Tim Horton's. Hope I don't have any side effects from it.

On our way back we stopped at the Ottawa Valley Home Improvement Centre which is just outside of Perth to get a price on our vanity. This is a family run operation and the lady who helped us certainly seemed to know what she was doing. The price was very competitive and I would rather give my business to the small businessman than a large corporation wherever possible so I think we're going to go ahead and order.

When we got home, Gordon framed his photo and we took it over to Spotlight on the Rideau. Hopefully we'll have a sale soon! We're not counting on it but you never know!

My shoulder is back to bothering me again so I took a muscle relaxant last night so I had a long nap when I got home.

It was cloudy and gray all day so no photos were taken.


Today was another warm, humid day. I didn't walk as I didn't want to aggravate my shoulder any further.

I did some cleaning while Gordon was out in the shed putting up his work bench.

I called the Ottawa Valley Home Improvement Centre to order my bathroom vanity. She said she'd make up the paperwork but we had to come in and sign the contract so another trip to Perth was in order. Luckily it's only about 20 km (12 mi) and they are on the outskirts of Perth.

On the way out we stopped at Spotlight on the Rideau. The owner was there today and he's anxious for Gordon to bring in a couple more photos so he will have a grouping of them.

We headed over to order the vanity and found that we needed to come back to the house to check to see if there was any room between the top drawer and the vanity. We found out there wasn't so back to the home improvement store where we placed our order.

On the way back we stopped to pick up some nails and things for Gordon to get his workshop set up. He spent a while out there this morning in the heat getting it started.

Last stop was the library where I picked up about 8 large-print books.

I've been trying to get in touch with our contractor to see if he has our building permit for the front deck. No luck yet. Maybe with all these hot days he went fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.