Monday 26 October 2009

Monday October 26, 2009-Nancy's Birthday

Today started as usual with my morning walk. It was -1C (30F) when I set out. I had a bit of sun but clouds were gathering.

Photo from this morning's walk



After breakfast since we still had a bit of sun left, Gordon and I decided to go to Jack Pine Trail for a while. We had a nice walk and on our way back there was a little girl with her grandmother on the trail. The little girl had sunflower seeds in her hand and the chickadees and nuthatches were landing on her hand and taking the seeds. It's nice to see kids that are quiet in the woods.

Chickadee on a branch

Jack Pine Trail with all the leaves on the ground

Mr Mallard close-up

Ice is starting to form on the water

Chickadees land everywhere-this one is on Gordon's hat

Nuthatch

Gray squirrel

This little girl had up to three birds on her hand at one time today



I had a couple of errands to run so I dropped Gordon at the house and went on my way.

I also took Nancy's dog, Max for a walk this afternoon. It's been a long time since I've walked a dog!

Since today is Nancy's birthday, I had purchased a sirloin roast with baby red potatoes to cook for her birthday dinner. It's been ages since I've cooked a good cut of meat. Usually it's something that goes into the crock pot. It turned out quite well. Since neither of us are supposed to eat flour products I had bought Nancy a key lime tart and we put a candle in it and I sang Happy Birthday. Probably not the highlight of her day!

4 comments:

  1. I love the fall weather and the colors the trees turn at that time. I hope you miss all the snow...that is something that is not too good when you are on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep posting the pics...they are beautiful! One of my favorite things to do is walk in the woods...especially in the Fall. Keep busy and enjoy the time off the road....before you know it you'll be back out there..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.